- Community gardens– Ben Elms (aka Dr. Compost) explains this great opportunity to pool resources, bring neighbours together, learn about gardening, and share the harvest.
- Hawea Sharing Shed– this informal hub of give and take is thriving – come hear how it started and how you could try one too.
- Neighbourhood associations – Albert Town Community Association’s Nathan Weathington shares how they are connecting in new and different ways with a variety of ages
- Lilliput Libraries– chances are you’ve seen pictures of one, how about starting this book swap in your own hood?? Local Lions will share about their recent success in this space.
- Youth activities– would you like to engage your young people in safe, fun activities close by? Sarah Millwater discuss the latest from Hawea.
- Repair Café– imagine fix-it expertise available for free – get your bike, lawnmower, phone etc fixed by local volunteers! Wanaka Wastebusters is hosting their first on September 19 and will tell their story – would you like to get involved??
Spring into connection with LINK’s popular Connection Cafes, offering ideas for neighbourhood activities. Our next session is FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 1200-130pm at the Wanaka Community Hub. Rescheduled from March, this session focuses on community-building activities like: