We were so looking forward to our Connection Cafe this Friday, but in the current circumstances have decided to err on the side of caution and postpone until a later date when we can gather safely.
Grassroots neighbourhood connection is more important than ever and LINK encourages people to share contact details and look out for those who may be vulnerable. During difficult times it is important to make sure we stay connected.
LINK Connection Café – Connection Ideas for YOUR Neighbourhood!
As Wanaka grows, so do our neighbourhoods. With Neighbours Day Aotearoa around the corner (March 27 – April 5), LINK is here with a variety of ideas to inspire neighbourhood connection.
Our popular Connection Cafes return in 2020 with a focus on community-building activities from around the region – come and hear about the potential of:
- Community gardens – Ben Elms (aka Dr. Compost) explains this great opportunity to pool resources, bring neighbours together, learn about gardening, and share the harvest.
- Hawea Sharing Shed – this informal hub of give and take is thriving – come hear how it started and how you could try one too.
- Neighbourhood associations – Albert Town Community Association’s Nathan Weathington shares how they are connecting in new and different ways with a variety of ages
- Lilliput Libraries – chances are you’ve seen pictures of one, how about starting this book swap in your own hood?? Local Lions will share about their recent success in this space.
- Youth activities – would you like to engage your young people in safe, fun activities close by? Sarah Millwater will tell us about the evolution of the Hawea Youth Club – simple yet brilliant.
- Repair Café – imagine fix-it expertise available for free – get your bike, lawnmower, phone etc fixed by local volunteers! Connect Cromwell recently hosted one, and Wanaka Wastebusters is planning several this year – would you like to get involved??
A mix of information-sharing and informal networking, LINK Connection Cafes are a chance to meet others, get inspired, and get advice on turning ideas into action. Lunch is provided and all are welcome to this free event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for catering purposes.