LINK, in partnership with the Wanaka Community Board, is hosting a community-wide conversation on the topic of growth – the opportunities it presents and the challenges we face.
There are two parts to the evening:
- information sharing to understand the current state of long term planning, tourism, and existing community-led projects
- interactive expo where you can connect with community leaders and groups, give your input or pitch a new idea
Registrations are essential. Click the button below to register now.
This is an education and an engagement event, developed as a follow-up to community feedback to our 3 Questions Survey that revealed a desire to explore the big issues of growth, planning, connection, affordability. Ensuring a shared understanding of these issues and how individuals and groups can contribute is useful in our ongoing conversation about our region’s future.
- Find out about the results of the 3 Questions Survey
- Hear inspiring stories of community-led initiatives that create more of what we love about our communities (Community Spotlight videos)
- Hear the responses of our community leaders to the issues of growth that were raised in the 3 Questions survey (Community Future videos)
- Find out how long term planning works in the district and how you can get involved
- Ask questions of community leaders
- Bring an idea for a project or initiative you have
- Talk about the work of your organisation in our community
- Get involved with an existing project or initiative
- Get help turning an idea into action
- Contribute your ideas to the long term planning process